Franklin Savings Bank
Last updated: March 22, 2021
This Policy applies to personally identifiable information (“PII”) collected:
- By the Websites and Apps.
- By various Fiserv-operated websites and online tools that integrate with our Service (the “Fiserv Tools”).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Service.
This Policy does not apply to PII that we collect in ways other than through the Service (for example, in person when customers visit our branches).
By visiting or using any of the Websites, installing or using any Apps or otherwise using the Service or Fiserv Tools, you agree to our collection and use of PII as this Policy describes. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include Fiserv and may include others in the future. In the case of our Apps, Third-Party Services include Google and Apple, your mobile service provider and the manufacturers of the mobile devices on which you use our Apps.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites.
PII That You Manually Provide
The PII that you manually provide through or in connection with the Service and the Fiserv Tools may include:
- Information that you enter into forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service or creating an account. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Service.
In these ways, we may ask you for your real name, fictitious user names, Social Security Number, an electronic banking Personal Identification Number (PIN), email addresses, phone numbers and other contact information, payment information, and information about how you have used the Service.
PII That We Collect Automatically Through Data Collection Technologies
As you use the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions. These may include:
- Details of your use of the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer or device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We collect this information to help us improve the Service and understand how people use it.
You may opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how to do so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
How We Use Your PII
We use your PII:
- To provide the Service to you;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- To let you know about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us; and
- In other ways that we disclose in our customer agreements and separate privacy disclosures.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose PII to Third Parties
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose PII to third parties except:
- to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct, or suspected violations of our customer agreements;
- to enforce or apply our customer agreements or other agreements that we may have with you or with third parties;
- to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have today or in the future;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction requested or authorized by you as our customer;
- to service or process a financial product or service requested or authorized by you as our customer;
- to maintain or service your account with us, or with another entity as part of a private label credit card program or other extension of credit on behalf of such entity;
- to protect the confidentiality or security of your records relating to you or to your transactions with the Bank;
- to provide information to insurance rate advisory organizations, guaranty funds or agencies, agencies that are rating you, and persons that are assessing your compliance with industry standards;
- to your attorneys, accountants, and auditors;
- to our attorneys, consultants, accountants, and auditors;
- to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants, subpoenas and trustee process), to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others;
- in accordance with the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978 (to law enforcement agencies including government regulators) and as authorized or required by applicable laws;
- to a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of a business or operating unit if the disclosure of nonpublic personal information concerns solely consumers of such business or unit;
- in other ways that we disclose in our customer agreements and separate privacy disclosures; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
Third-Party Collection of PII in Connection with Apps
When you use an App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include the manufacturer of your mobile device, the operator of your device’s operating system (Apple or Google) and your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including PII, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based or behavioral advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Limiting Employee Access to Information
DATA SECURITY; WAIVER OF CLAIMS
We use reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, but we cannot and do not warrant or promise that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers.
BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU (A) CONSENT TO OUR USING YOUR PII AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY DESPITE THIS RISK; (B) WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US OR ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATE COMPANY THAT WE HAVE OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE RELATING TO THE INTERCEPTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PII BY THIRD PARTIES UNAUTHORIZED BY US; AND (C) AGREE TO NOTIFY US PROMPTLY IF YOU SUSPECT ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE OF PII.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Service.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
Ending Customer Relationships
When you end your customer relationship with us, or when we end our customer relationship with you, we will treat some or all of the PII that we have about you as if you were still our customer, subject to our legal obligations.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to:
Franklin Savings Bank
Attn. Security Officer
P O Box 825
Farmington, ME 04938
Or, we can be reached by telephone at: 207-778-3339 or (800) 287-0752 or by EMAIL.